Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Week 5

Nothing much has changed with my internship. I'm still working hard on my research project. I've started writing my questions to ask my relatives when I interview them, and  I plan on sending them ahead of time when I finish so that they can prepare for the interview. "Jews, God, and History" has been interesting. It is certainly a very atypical look at history and is worded in a way uncommon to most other History books. "Jews, God and History" focuses mainly on ancient history so I'm more than halfway through the book and I've just reached the middle ages. Interestingly enough, it seems the first ghettos, sequestered villages in which Jews were forced to live, appeared then. The Museum is currently showing a wedding Gown and Ketubah (a marriage document exclusive to Jewish marriages) exhibit and I took lots of pictures. I find it interesting that to get married, Jews had to have both a regular marriage license, and a Ketubah. I will upload the pictures very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment