Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 4

I've just begun reading "Jews, God and History" by Max I. Dimont. This book is quite different from "Semites and Anti-Semites". "Jews, God and History" Focuses mainly on the ancient history of the Jewish people. However, it is still ver interesting and relevant. "Jews, God and History" also covers many theological and religious topics, so it is not a purely historical book. It often presents different interpretations and theories about biblical stories and verses, such as a Theory presented by Sigmund Freud that Moses was an actual descendant pf the Pharaoh who thought himself a spiritual leader and whose belief happened to coincide with those of the Jewish slaves. While that particular theory is not overtly relevant to my project, the book has still provided an excellent overview of Jewish history and beliefs.
In other news I have bought my tickets and made my travel plans. I will be flying to Denver first, then to Seattle, then I will fly to Philadelphia and take a train to Baltimore. I'm excited to travel the Nation and visit my relatives.
My internship has been the same as usual. I am still doing research on Holocaust Survivors in Tucson. The further I work, the harder the work becomes, there a certain names that I have been unable to find any information on, still, I'm glad to be working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment